Kevin Banks, President
Resource Economist; Former Director, Alaska Dept. of Natural Resources, Division of Oil & Gas
Joan Travostino, Vice President
Attorney, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Haley Johnston, Treasurer
Senior Guide, Alaska Alpine Adventures
Laura Bartholomae, Secretary
Digital Media Program Coordinator, NEA-Alaska
4th & 5th Grade Teacher, Seward Elementary School
Retired U.S. Forest Service Recreation Planner
Interested in joining the Alaska Huts Association Board of Directors?
The Alaska Huts Association is actively seeking board candidates who are:
- Motivated, diverse, experienced
- Passionate about the backcountry huts experience
- Have the time and energy to spend 4-6 hours a month to attend meetings, participate in committees, and be an ambassador in our community
- Eager to help Alaska Huts raise money and continue to grow our Hut system
We’re especially interested in individuals who:
- Have been leaders of nonprofit boards before and are ready to bring their skills and insights to another organization
- Have expertise in accounting or finance, especially nonprofit accounting practices
- Are experienced fundraisers
- Have experience with construction projects in remote locations
- Have nonprofit management or business management experience
Email us at [email protected] if you are interested in joining the Alaska Huts team!
Ready to reserve a hut?